Remember, this product is precooked so do not overcook! Red King Crabs are immediately cooked when caught to preserve their freshness. Crab legs need only to be adequately heated before eating or the meat can equally be served and enjoyed as a cold dish.
CRABIT recommends that you thaw the crab legs overnight in your refrigerator before preparing the meal. Once thawed the legs can be maintained in the refrigerator for a few days, but ideally they should be cooked as soon as possible after defrosting.
CRABIT’s favorite recipes:
Once defrosted simply boil the crab legs for 2-3 minutes in hot water or use a steam cooker if preferred.
1. Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees
2. Take a shallow baking pan and add hot water to fill the pan floor halfway
3. Take the defrosted Red King Crab legs and place them in the water-filled pan
4. Cover the whole pan with foil
5. Bake in oven until the legs are heated through, about 10-12 minutes
Either boiled, steamed or oven cooked crab,
we recommend to use kitchen scissors to open up the crab legs.
Enjoy the tender meat with non-salty butter (for taste add some crushed garlic or truffle oil)
and fresh salad!